Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013

The girls were at the best age for Christmas this year. Molly was seriously looking forward to it for months. We had so much fun spending time with our families and each other. There is so much I want to remember from Christmas day.

Molly woke up so excited on Christmas day because Santa had left some presents in her room under her own little tree. She insists that Mrs. Clause actually brought them. 

Laney was so excited too, but I think that is mostly because she just copies everything Molly does. Once she saw the presents she couldn't wait to open all of them!

Molly was a little disappointed that Santa didn't eat all of the cookies we left out but only some of them.

I think both girls would have been totally happy with just their stockings and the things Santa left in there. We spent a lot of time going through the little treats. 

Laney was most excited about the candy, of course. I think she ate most of it in the first few minutes. Oh well, it's Christmas!!

Each time Laney would start opening a present, before she could even see what it was, she could say "oh WOW!!"

Molly was really concerned with the logistics of Santa and his elves this year...

"How will he get in, Mom?"
"How did he know where my room was?"
"WOW! How did the elves make this?"
"I told you Santa could bring me this!"
"I'm pretty sure Mrs. Clause brought me this, not Santa."

We didn't get any credit for presents this year. Molly is convinced that even the presents that said "from mom and dad" really came from Santa.

She got a little toy puppy for Christmas that is named Santa and Mrs. Clause... Long name!

After opening presents at our house, we headed up to the Thatcher's for breakfast and more presents! Again, the girls were in heaven! We stayed at the Thatchers for a bit, then headed home to get ready to go see my family. We opened even more presents and spent the rest of the day playing and having fun. 

Our family got so spoiled this year. 

I just love Christmastime. Everything about it is so fun!




No comments: