Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Fun!

We have had such a fun few days celebrating all things halloween! My girls have pretty much lived in their costumes the past few days. 

Our Music Makers class did a little Halloween Carnival. Molly had a blast playing halloween games and eating treats with all her friends. We had about 40 kids there! 



 We actually carved pumpkins this year! Molly was a little grossed out by the slimy insides, but Laney thought they were tasty!


We went to the aquarium with our friends Emily, Addie, and Logan. The kids got to dress up and they had a little haunted section. The girls mostly just wanted to run around and show off their pretty costumes.


 My Grandma Verda had a tradition of making spudnuts on halloween, so Molly and I made an attempt. They turned out delicious. I quartered my grandma's recipe and it still made about 40 spudnuts... Verda always was the party planner!


 Last but not least, trick-or-treating. Molly was in heaven. She got way too much candy and wanted to eat it all right then. There were so many kids out in our neighborhood last night, I counted 277 trick-or-treaters to our house. Crazy!! 

Halloween is so much fun with little kids! 


6 comments:

Karie said...

What a fun time! Grandma would be so proud of your spudnuts...we did the same thing at Lynette's! Your girls are absolutely darling. And I love the pictures in front of your blue door. So cute!

Kathryn said...

I love the picture of Molly twirling :)
Sweet, beautiful girls! I'm happy we got to see you last week!

sanda said...

Agreed... Halloween is way better with little kids, even just a baby. Your girls are so cute! I want to help with Anna's baby shower, I will call you soon to coordinate.

dockters said...

What fun! Those girls are darling. The spudnut tradition is a fave. I'm so glad you made them! Wish we could have stopped by (along with your 277 trick or treaters) for a taste.

Emily Scott said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and you got some great pictures. Thanks again for going to the aquarium with us, we had a blast! When you get a second you should send me some of the pictures you took at the aquarium!

joyce said...

Oh...you made SPUDNUTS!!! Grandma would be proud! Wish I could have been there! Cute, cute Halloween memories! xo