Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It takes a heap of living in a house to make it home...

Our little family was lucky enough to buy a home! YAY!! We are thrilled to finally be moved in and excited to be first time homeowners. 

We closed last week and had a crazy few days painting, cleaning, packing, and moving. Thank you, thank you to everyone who helped us, there's no way we could have moved in already without your help. We picked about the worst time possible to move with me being 8+ months pregnant and Trevor starting his busy season, but it all worked out! It's still a work in progress - and probably always will be - but I thought i'd share some pics of our new place! It still needs some paint and we haven't hung anything on the walls yet, but we're happy with how it's turning out!

Upstairs family room:
Kitchen:
 Living room:
(this room still needs paint)
Main bathroom:
Master bedroom:
Master bathroom:
Molly's room:
(Her room is currently without a bed. We didn't want to set the crib up twice so she's sleeping in the baby's room until we get her a toddler bed)

We've tripled the amount of living space we had and it feels so good to have room to stretch out! We haven't even touched the basement yet and are still amazed at how roomy the house feels. 

I'm sure it'll be weeks before we finally feel settled, but we're loving our home so far! The neighborhood is so great. We learned that we live on the "fun street" that has all sorts of block parties. We went from living in a ward with about 35 kids primary age to one that has over 200 so i'm sure Molly will have tons of little friends! We're just excited to be here and feel so lucky!


11 comments:

dockters said...

Oh my gosh, Kels!! I love it! I really do!!

I love all of the paint. The piano looks amazing and I love the blue dresser that's in the same room as it! Is that one that you guys did a make over on?! I also love Molly's rug in her room! How in the world have you done all of this while you're pregnant?!?! You are amazing.

I CANNOT wait to see it in person...only 37 days!! hip hip!

joyce said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it too!!! You are amazing! Good taste, too! xoxo

Jamey and Michelle said...

OH I LOVE IT!! Such a cute house!! It looks so amazing already gosh your totally moved in! Way to go!! I still want to come and see it in person!

Brittany Anne said...

Kelsey! I had no idea but I am thrilled for you!! Where is it and can I help with anything? You look totally settled, but I'd love to do something for you. I still "owe" you for taking care of Annabelle so much this summer. Maybe you'd like me to take Molly when the baby comes. Sorry this is turning into an email. I'll text you soon. Xoxo and Congratulations!

Kristin and Dan said...

Love it! I had no idea you were buying a home - that is so exciting. Congrats!

MJ said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. It is so cute! I love Molly's room!

I'm Ally said...

So cute! You've gotten it all set up so fast. Dar-dar. I can't wait to come for a sleepover!

kmo said...

You guys have been busy. It looks so cute, I can't believe how much different it looks.

emmalily said...

Congratulations, Kelsey! How exciting to own a home! And you look like a DIY superstar -- all of your stuff is so cool!

Todd and Rachel said...

Kelsey congrats. That is so great! It is so much fun to buy a house and make it yours!! Where did you move to?

Callie said...

Congratulations! Being a homeowner is so fun! I love all your bright colors and patterns! I feel like our house will always be a work in progress too. If only we had all the time and money we need to do everything we want huh? Oh well, a little bit at a time.