Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dresser

Since this is Trevor's last summer vacation ever, I thought that I better try and get some work out of him! I have a whole list of projects for him to work on over the summer and this last weekend he did one!

I've never really loved our dresser - it was just so plain and hasn't ever matched our bedroom - so, we decided to paint it and get new hardware for it! The change isn't way drastic but I love it! It just needed a little sprucing up and now it looks like new!

Before:

(I didn't get a picture taken before the knobs were off, but they were the same color)

After:

What do you think?
I realize the color doesn't stand out great against the white wall, but hey, that's apartment living for ya!

4 comments:

dockters said...

Turned out great! I love it. Glad it's done! Now...what's next on Trevor's list of summer projects? Does he want to come refinish a crib in Indiana?

joyce said...

Hummmm...that looks a lot like the same paint that is on the floor in my garage!!! Just kidding!! I think your "new" dresser is very cute! Good job!...plus...I got to see Molly more! Win! Win!

Jeff and Summer said...

Kelsey, it looks so awesome! That is going to be my new hobby I think, refinishing garage sale furniture. I am pretty sure your dresser looks nicer than a garage sale before you painted it. It now looks like a really nice pottery barn one or something like that. Nice job! Super cute!

Kristin and Dan said...

I love it!!! Keep that "honey-do" list going while you have him for the summer! :)