Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Crafts

Lately i've been thinking about starting up a trendy craft blog. I love looking at others and getting fun decorating/crafting ideas. I'm not sure if I really want to put all the effort into a blog like that right now though, so in the mean time i'll share some of my crafts on here!

My new favorite thing is freezer paper... It's so easy to use and you can do so many things with it! I cut out some stencils using my silhouette and made these two pillows the other day. From start to finish both pillows only took about an hour (minus drying time). After choosing and cutting your design, you just iron the freezer paper onto the fabric plastic side down. It sticks great and peels off so easy when you're done. Just paint over the entire thing using fabric paint, let it dry, then peel off the stencil! So simple and I love the way they look!




Freezer paper works great on clothes too so decorated this little shirt for Molly. I love it!


Let me know what you think!

10 comments:

dockters said...

Those pillows are darling!!! I still don't get how it works...but I'm totally craft impaired. Could I maybe hire you to make me some?? They look so cute!

And I think you should do a craft blog...you are good!

joyce said...

uhhhhh...who's daughter are you?...this is darling! I don't get it either!...but I LOVE it!...maybe we need to have a craft night...in Indiana! xo

Kristin and Dan said...

LOVE IT!!!!! I'm a crafty person too and I have so much fun with it... I just LOVE having projects to work on, i think its fun! AND I love being able to put it out in my house knowing i made it! Keep posting your projects here, I love getting ideas from other people!!

Karie said...

Love, love, love it!

I'm Ally said...

Stop. Those are great! I vote yes on the craft blog.

kmo said...

Those pillows are so cute. I agree with Lindsay you lost me at freezer paper.

grandmaVerda/GrandpaLeon said...

I'm on your side about doing a craft blog. You have a talent. You will have to show me how you made the pillows. They are so cute. Can we do that for our Pizza night? Love you, Grandma VERDA

sanda said...

love the freezer paper, I recently read about it on someone else's blog and definitely need to get some. thanks for motivating me to try something new!.

MJ said...

Kelsey, you should check out this blog. It's a friend who does a craft blog. They do Talent Tuesday, where everyone links up and share crafting ideas.

http://vintagewannabee.blogspot.com/

Rachelle said...

Kelsey!! You are amazing!!! So so cute!!! Miss seeing you! Love you!